Dr. Ben Carson – the United States Housing and Urban Development Secretary – and his wife, along with others, were recently trapped inside an elevator. The incident happened during a visit to a Miami affordable housing complex, the Courtside Apartments, which is located in the Overtown neighborhood. Fortunately, Dr. Carson, his wife and the other riders were freed from the elevator by firefighters after being stuck for about 15 minutes. bThe elevator incident that Dr. Carson and his wife endured calls to mind many of the accidents that have occurred on elevators that our Miami personal injury lawyer has handled. From malfunctioning doors to faulty stops, elevator accidents are not uncommon, and they can cause serious injuries. If you have been involved in an elevator accident in Miami, you could be entitled to damages, and a Miami personal injury lawyer can help.
More on Miami Elevator Accidents
What are some of the personal injury cases that are related to malfunctioning elevators that cause injuries in Miami? Here are some of the biggest cases that our injury attorney in Miami has handled:
- Elevators that have dropped or descended without warning, causing accidents and injuries to riders
- Elevator doors that shut without warning, closing on riders
- Elevators that are out of control, continuously going up and down
- Elevators that are not level and are not even with the floor when the doors open, causing trips and falls
- Slips and falls while riding elevators as a result of improper maintenance
- Elevators stopping abruptly, causing riders to fall or bang into walls
- Elevators that have gotten stuck and won’t open, trapping riders inside
The result of these elevator accidents in Miami have caused various injuries, including sprains, strains, cuts, fractures, concussions, whiplash, anxiety and various other types of damages.
If you suffered injuries on elevators in Miami, it is in your best interest to contact a Miami personal injury lawyer. Our Miami accident lawyer is prepared to represent you to the fullest extent of the law and work toward getting you the damages that you may be entitled to as a result of the injuries that you have suffered in an elevator accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an elevator accident due to the negligence or recklessness of the elevator manufacturer, installer, or property owner, please do not hesitate to submit an online Free Case Review. At the Aigen Injury Law, an experienced lawyer is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week working relentlessly on behalf of injured victims. We offer a free consultation for your elevator accident and there is no fee unless we recover for you.