If you have sustained injuries in an accident in South FL, please seek medical attention before you continue reading, then contact an experienced Miami-Dade County personal injury attorney.
When should you seek medical attention after an accident in South FL?
It is crucial to protect your health and legal rights at the first hint of injury, especially when your injury could be the result of another person’s negligent or intentional conduct. In that latter case, it is even more critical that you seek and receive prompt medical attention as soon as you are able to do so. Failure to do so could cost you dearly.
Why is seeking medical attention after an accident in South FL so important?
You should seek prompt medical attention for the following reasons:
- Protecting your health: Symptoms that may seem insignificant can mask serious injuries. Furthermore, whatever is wrong will only get worse if you let it go untreated. If you feel even the slightest level of discomfort or pain after an accident, get prompt medical attention.
- Confirmation of your injuries: The other side will demand more than your word as to the nature and extent of your injuries, so see a medical professional to get a complete picture of the harm you sustained and for the evidence you need to substantiate the assertions in your personal injury claim.
- Fulfilling a requirement of your insurance coverage: Per the laws of the Sunshine State, everyone must have personal injury protection coverage through an insurance provider and many of those insurance providers require you to receive medical attention within a set time period in order to qualify for compensation.
- Establishing causation: The greater the amount of time between the accident and a diagnosis from a reliable medical professional, the more weight you give to the other side’s arguments that you sustained the injuries in some manner unrelated to their conduct.
- Establishing the severity of your injuries: By seeing a doctor as soon as possible, you eliminate questions about the seriousness of your injuries.
- Increasing your settlement: If you do not know the full extent of your injuries and what the medical costs will be to treat them, a settlement check might seem more generous than it actually is.
You set yourself and your personal injury claim on the right path when you receive timely medical attention. Please call Scott Aigen, Esq. if you have any other questions.
Contact a Miami-Dade County, Florida Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been seriously injured as a result of negligence, or your loved one lost his or her life due to the negligence of another, you need an aggressive legal team you can depend on. No matter the origin of the injury at hand, our firm has the resources to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim and win you the compensation you need. Contact us at Aigen Law Firm today to schedule your free case evaluation.