When irresponsible drivers and their victims collide, lives are shattered. Almost 40,000 people die in U.S. roadway crashes in an average year. Across these accidents, over 4 million are injured enough to merit medical attention. In fact, thousands of serious injuries are caused yearly by car traffic crashes in Florida alone. If you or a loved one were injured in a motor vehicle collision due to the negligence or carelessness of another driver, a Miami car accident lawyer from Aigen Injury Law will protect your rights to ensure that you are awarded the maximum compensation for your damages and your losses. Contact Aigen Injury Law today for a free case review. Our experts will work with you every step of the way to meet your needs, win your case, and recover the best possible compensation for your losses and injuries.
Why Choose a Miami Car Accident Attorney for Your Injury Case?
At Aigen Injury Law, our mission is to help you recover from your car accident and fight for justice on your behalf. We care about you as an individual—not just as another client—and will work to ensure your needs for support and legal counsel are met. As one of Florida’s top law firms for car accidents, you’re in practiced hands with us.
Our legal team has years of experience successfully representing clients in Florida car accident cases. We’ve recovered millions in compensation for car accident victims—and developed a tailored approach based on your unique case. Count on an experienced Miami car accident lawyer from Aigen Injury Law for sound advice and legal support as we protect your rights and recover the best possible financial award for your injuries and your losses.
Common Car Accident Causes in Miami
As with most other accidents, car accidents can happen for several reasons. In some cases, car accidents and other types of auto accidents can be caused by negligent signage, hazardous road or weather conditions, defective car parts, and more. That being said, it’s no surprise that most car accidents are caused by negligent drivers. The most common causes of car accidents that our firm has seen in the past are as follows:
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, even if prescribed
- Running stop signs or stop lights
- Failing to yield to oncoming vehicles with the right of way
- Unsafe lane changes or merges
If you were hurt because another driver was doing any of the aforementioned and caused your accident, there is a very good chance that you will be eligible for compensation. Our Miami car accident lawyer is prepared to fight for this compensation, every step of the way, on your behalf.
Recovering Compensation in a Car Accident Claim
When injuries are sustained by the negligence or recklessness of a motor vehicle driver, it is crucial to understand the three basic elements of recovering compensation for your injuries:
- Fault: Fault means that another driver must be responsible for your injuries. Oftentimes, a negligent driver will not accept responsibility for his or her actions. That is why Aigen Injury Law will be your advocate to ensure that the responsible driver is held accountable and will not impede your right to recover.
- Injuries: You must prove you sustained a permanent injury to recover compensation for your pain and suffering under Florida law. The severity of an injury and the effect that it has on one’s life will likely be the most important factor in the monetary value of your claim. However, even when the accident is determined to be the fault of another party and severe and permanent injuries are sustained, there generally must be active insurance coverage to recover monetarily.
- Insurance Coverage: Insurance coverage means that the responsible party in a motor vehicle accident must be carrying Bodily Injury (B.I.) insurance coverage on his or her policy in order to recover monetary compensation. Under Florida law, drivers are not required to carry Bodily Injury coverage. When no Bodily Injury coverage is available, our team will determine whether our client has
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (U.M.) coverage on the automobile policy. U.M. coverage entitles victims of motor vehicle accidents to recovery for injuries when the responsible party has no insurance, no Bodily Injury insurance, or insufficient Bodily Injury insurance to fairly compensate the injured victim.
Florida’s Statute of Limitations for Auto Accident Claims
Here in Florida, the statute of limitations for auto accident claims is four years, in most cases. That said, depending on where and how you were hurt in your auto accident, you may have even less time to bring your personal injury claim. This is why it is always best to simply retain the services of a competent Miami-Dade County personal injury attorney as soon as you can. Aigen Injury Law is ready to help you.
Aigen Injury Law Will Protect Your Rights
Aigen Injury Law represents those injured in motor vehicle accidents across Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County, and throughout the South Florida region. Our dedication to protecting the rights of the injured includes relentlessly advocating on their behalf, building the foundation for a strong case from inception, then persuasively presenting the evidence to ensure a just and favorable settlement for each and every client.
Our objective is to maximize the financial compensation you receive. This includes fighting to make sure that you are compensated for the cost of medical treatment, lost wages due to an inability to work, along with the pain and suffering endured by you and your family.
Contact a Miami Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident due to the negligence or recklessness of another, please do not hesitate to contact Aigen Injury Law today. We handle a variety of personal injury cases, including all types of auto accidents. We are on your side, and we are prepared to fight for you, every step of the way.