Here at Aigen Law Firm, we see clients come in with a wide array of injuries, typically sustained as a result of another person’s negligence. When someone is hurt because of someone else’s unsafe property conditions, they will bring what is known as a premises liability claim. Stairway accidents are among the most common types of property-related injuries, and if you are someone who has been hurt in one, you need an experienced Miami stairway accidents lawyer on your side. Contact Aigen Law Firm today to learn more about these accidents and how our firm can help if you’ve been hurt in one.
Stairway Accidents Lawyer Serving Clients in Miami
Stairway accidents can sometimes happen when a person loses his or her footing and takes a spill. However, in an extensive number of stairway accident injuries, property owners are actually to blame because they failed to keep their stairways safe for all who use them. Some of the most common causes of stairway accidents that our firm sees are as follows:
- Poor lighting
- Broken handrails
- Loose or missing steps
- Broken handrails
- Slippery surfaces left uncleared
Documenting a Stairway Accident
After sustaining an injury in a stairway accident, there’s a chance you may be unable to do anything other than await the arrival of emergency services. However, if you are capable of documenting exactly how or why you were injured, you should do so. You can do this through various measures, including the following:
- Call 911. You need emergency medical treatment. The police can also write up a report of how the accident happened.
- Ask witnesses for their contact info.
- Photograph or videotape the unsafe stairwell conditions that caused you to trip or slip and fall.
- Keep a copy of medical documents detailing the extent of your injury and how long it will keep you out of work.
- Retain the services of an experienced Miami stairway accidents lawyer who can help you fight for the financial compensation you deserve and need to heal. Aigen Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means that if we don’t recover money on your behalf, you don’t have to pay us a dime. We are confident in our ability to effectively represent you.
Ensure that you bring your personal injury claim within four years of the date your accident occurred, in accordance with the state’s statute of limitations. If you need help, we’re here.
Contact a Miami Stairway Accidents Lawyer
We understand just how devastating it can be to sustain a serious injury as a result of someone else’s negligence. If you were injured because of unsafe stairwell conditions, you can count on the legal team right here at Aigen Law Firm to fight for the financial compensation you deserve and need to recover from your injuries. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation with our competent personal injury law firm.