Motor vehicle accidents have the ability to change a person’s life forever. When clients from Miami and across South Florida have been injured by the negligence of another driver, Aigen Law Firm is here. Anyone considering their options for a personal injury case must retain the services of a seasoned Miami auto accident lawyer who will fight for your future. For knowledgeable and attentive legal services for your auto accident case, contact Aigen Law Firm today.
Motor Vehicle Accident in Miami | Helping Motor Vehicle Accident Victims Throughout South Florida
Aigen Law Firm is an experienced legal team located in Miami, Florida. Our firm understands how stressful becoming seriously injured can be for a person. We proudly guide clients in Miami and South Florida through every step of their auto accident cases and effectively represent their needs through our quality legal services. Aigen Law Firm wants to relieve the stress of your accident. All you need to do is speak with an experienced Miami-Dade County personal injury attorney today so we can get started. Remember, the case evaluations are free and we operate on a contingency fee basis, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by choosing our firm.
Motor Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
Aigen Law Firm handles a wide array of auto accident cases on behalf of our wrongfully injured clients, including the following:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Uber/Lyft Accidents
PIP in Florida
If you’re a motorist in Florida, you are required under the law to purchase PIP, also known as personal injury protection insurance. Essentially PIP insurance is a type of no-fault coverage that will compensate an injured motorist for a portion of their medical bills and lost wages after an accident, regardless of who caused the accident.
Every motorist must have at least $10,000 in PIP insurance. If injured in an accident, this insurance will cover the cost of 60 percent of their lost wages from being unable to rejoin the workforce, 80 percent of their medical bills, and $5,000 in death benefits, should the person lose his or her life in the accident. Though PIP insurance is certainly better than nothing, the truth is, if you’re seriously injured and the accident wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation that will cover the entire cost of the damages you’ve sustained in a personal injury claim.
Taking Action After an Accident
When someone is injured as a result of another driver’s negligence, they should receive the medical treatment they need and collect evidence documenting how the accident happened and the damages they sustained so they can satisfy the burden of proof in a personal injury claim. We understand that auto accidents are frequently jarring and can leave a person in a state of shock, however, if you can, you should try to take the following steps:
- Call the police. This is the most important. Not only will law enforcement see that you receive the immediate medical treatment you need, but once the police arrive, they will write up an accident report that can help you document exactly what happened.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information. Be polite, but don’t apologize. Apologizing can be misconstrued as an admission of fault. Don’t make this mistake.
- Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle, as well as of any property that was involved in the accident, such as guardrails.
- Ask bystanders who witnessed the accident for their name, phone number, and email address. You can also request written or recorded statements from them regarding the facts of the incident.
- Once you receive medical treatment in a hospital, you should make it a priority to get and keep a copy of all documentation surrounding your injuries. This can include documents about your injuries themselves, as well as any medical bills you’ve incurred as a result of the accident.
- Bring your claim to an experienced Miami auto accident lawyer who can work to satisfy the burden of proof and win you the compensation you need. Ensure you do so within the state’s statute of limitations, which is, traditionally, four years. Waiting longer than four years will most likely result in you losing your right to sue. We are prepared to take your case and begin fighting for you today–all you need to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.
Recovering Damages After an Accident
As long as you and your Miami auto accident lawyer can gather and present sufficient evidence to satisfy the burden of proof, you should recover financial compensation that can help you cope with the economic and non-economic damages you’ve incurred. Some examples of economic damages can include lost wages and the cost of surgeries, overnight stays in a hospital, medication, rehabilitation, and in-home care. Some examples of non-economic damages include pain and suffering, disfigurement/scarring, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, and more. Our firm is here to help you attain the maximum compensation.
Contact a Miami Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Clients in Miami and throughout South Florida can rely on the services of Aigen Law Firm to come up with the results they deserve. Our firm is committed to protecting the rights of each individual client based on their situation. Contact Aigen Law Firm for a free initial consultation today if you need legal guidance to protect your future.