Have you sustained injuries due to a nurse’s negligence? If so, please read on, then contact an experienced Miami medical malpractice lawyer to learn what you should know about nurse misconduct in South Florida.
What constitutes nurse misconduct in South Florida?
When a patient alleges that a nurse violated the ethical standards that he or she owes to his or her patient and it results in harm to the patient, that constitutes nurse misconduct. To have a valid claim, you, the patient, will need to prove that your nurse breached the standard of care and diverted from the standard course of treatment. Additionally, you will need to draw a direct link between the nurse’s breach of care to the harm or damages you incurred. Some of the most common examples of nurse misconduct are as follows:
- Failing to file or properly analyze reports
- Administering medication improperly
- Giving patients the wrong medicine
- Otherwise injuring a patient
How do you prove nurse misconduct in South Florida?
Given the stakes of your allegations, the nurse and her defense team will raise a number of objections, which you should be prepared to counter. You will need to prove any or all of the following:
- Foreseeability: The injury was a foreseeable consequence of the medical treatment.
- You, the patient, did not contribute to the injury: You did follow proper medical advice.
- A recognized risk: The nurse did not explain all the risks to you and/or you did not agree to assume those risks.
- Accurate identification: The defendant, and not some other party, is responsible for your injuries.
- Not a pre-existing injury: A previous illness or disease did not cause your injury.
In order to hold a negligent nurse responsible, you should reach out to a skilled Miami-Dade County personal injury attorney to discuss your next steps.
How can a Miami personal injury attorney help you?
A Miami personal injury attorney will make sure that you understand your rights and responsibilities as they pertain to your case. He or she will aid you in collecting, compiling and presenting the necessary evidence to satisfy the burden of proof in court. With legal guidance, you will be able to make informed decisions. Even the strongest cases will face stiff opposition from defendants and their legal representatives. To give yourself the best possible chance at success, please give us a call today.
Contact a Miami-Dade County, Florida Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been seriously injured as a result of negligence, or your loved one lost his or her life due to the negligence of another, you need an aggressive legal team you can depend on. No matter the origin of the injury at hand, our firm has the resources to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim and win you the compensation you need. Contact us at Aigen Law Firm today to schedule your free case evaluation.