The size and weight of trucks make them one of the most dangerous vehicles on the road. If you were injured in a truck accident in Florida, do not hesitate to reach out to our skilled Miami truck accident lawyer.
What factors cause truck accidents in Florida?
Our society depends on truck drivers to pick up and deliver goods in a timely manner but often fails to consider the intricacies of the job. There are several factors that can cause a truck to be involved in an accident. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include the following:
- Long hours behind the wheel: As you may know, truckers are required to spend over 70 hours per week while behind the wheel. Despite the fact that this number has been reduced from 82 hours per week, these long hours can still lead to significant fatigue, which, in turn, can commonly lead to serious accidents.
- The truck’s weight: Trucks can weigh up to 80,000 lbs. Simply put, this means that truckers are responsible for hitting the brakes far sooner than other more “standard” vehicles.
- Poor visibility: Because trucks are massive, they have large blind spots that make it hard for the driver to fully observe their surroundings.
- Mechanical problems: Trucks need routine maintenance to make sure the vehicle is capable of safely traveling a long distance. When mechanical problems occur, serious accidents can also happen as a result.
What are the most common kinds of truck accidents in Florida?
There are several kinds of truck accidents. The most common include the following:
- Jackknife accidents: These occur when a truck’s trailer is swinging independently of the cab, with both sections of the tractor-trailer moving in different directions.
- Rollover crashes: These usually occur when a truck rounds a corner too quickly, causing the center of gravity to shift the wrong way.
- Rear-end accidents: All truck drivers must allocate a sufficient amount of time and space to brake safely and adequately.
- Truck driver DUI accidents: Truckers, just like everyone else, drastically increase their risk of having an accident if they drive under the influence.
Reach out to our experienced Miami auto accident lawyer if you have been injured in a truck accident.
Contact a Miami-Dade County, Florida Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been seriously injured as a result of negligence, contact us at Aigen Injury Law today to schedule your free case evaluation.